Medical Provider (Nurse Practitioner, Physician’s Assistant) – Central Minnesota
Join a rapidly growing company in a challenging environment. We are seeking a highly motivated medical provider to be a key team member in our organization. Candidates must enjoy working with an under-served population and must be willing to work in a jail setting. This exciting position will allow you to utilize all of your patient care skills while being presented with new challenges and opportunities for growth along the way.
Seeking provider in Central Minnesota! Very manageable schedule, options to work full or part-time. Generous compensation and benefits package for full-time.
Various Locations with Emphasis Central Minnesota
- Evaluates inmates referred for presence of illness.
- Performs comprehensive evaluations on both inmates and occasional jail employees (employment physicals).
- Provides information by answering questions and requests by staff, inmate, and outside sources.
- Ensures medical staff is providing quality care that meets regulatory standards through chart auditing, mentoring and educating staff, and responding to Department of Corrections inspections and suggestions.
- Monitors the effectiveness of medications, side effects, and determines the need for any changes for inmates.
- Works in partnership with the president/CEO to develop and implement ongoing programs to measure, assess, and improve quality of medical care, treatment, and services delivered to inmates in all MEnD facilities.
- Participates in staff meetings and all other meetings associated with jail medical providers.
- Intervenes in crisis situations and investigates all unusual incidents.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with the MEnD Correctional Care team. This team includes medical providers, nurses, health techs, administrative assistants. The nurse is also responsible for communicating between the medical unit and the correctional staff in the facilities we serve.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publication, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks, being a member of the MEnD team, assisting with expansion of the MEnD jail health philosophy, and going “above and beyond” typical job duties.
- Other various duties as assigned by MEnD Correctional Care within the scope of the position. This may include travel to various trade shows, conferences, and other jails managed by MEnD, etc.
- Able to provide independent, critical thinking skills necessary for the medical provider role.
- Understand and possess pharmacology, safety, and medical skills necessary to perform the medical provider role.
- Must be able to deal effectively with difficult inmates and employees at times.
- Ability to learn the security features needed to work safely in this setting which includes secured doors and radio communications.
- Demonstrates ability to adjust medical techniques to accommodate the needs of the specialized population of the jail setting. This includes communication between medical staff and jail staff about the care of the inmate while understanding and adjusting for the unique security issues of the jail.
- Graduate of an accredited medical provider program.
- Valid, unrestricted, Minnesota medical provider license.
- Current DPS and DEA Certificate of Registration
- Basic Life Support (CPR) Certified
- At least 2 years of clinical experience in same or similar setting (i.e. county jail, prison, juvenile correctional facility, hospital, home care, urgent care, ER, etc.)
Salary, Benefits and Other
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for growth
- CPR certification renewal
3 Professional References
Please send your resume and references to:
MEnD Correctional Care
Attn: Melanie Handshoe
67 – 10th Avenue South
Waite Park, MN 56387