Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are seeking an enthusiastic registered nurse to work in Caledonia, Minnesota, working in a jail setting as a key team member in our organization. Candidates must enjoy working with an underserved population and must be willing to work in a jail setting. The registered nurse will provide care under the direction and supervision of the nursing director and medical provider.
This is a full-time position benefit eligible position. This position will include on- call (on-call duties are via telephone only).
- Coordinates the care of county jail inmates utilizing MEnD Correctional Care’s nursing policies, procedures, and protocols. These processes include assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of inmate’s health issues.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with the MEnD Correctional Care team. This team includes medical providers, nurses, health techs, and administrative assistants. The nurse is also responsible for communicating between the medical unit and the correctional staff in the facilities we serve.
- Accountable for the daily documentation, tracking, procedures, orders, medications, and follow-up of the inmates’ care.
- Other duties as assigned by MEnD Correctional Care.
- Able to provide independent, critical thinking skills necessary for the nursing role in the jail setting.
- Understand and possess pharmacology, safety, and nursing skills necessary to perform the nurse role.
- Must be able to deal effectively with difficult patients at times.
- Ability to learn the security features needed to work safely in this setting which includes secured doors and radio communications.
- Demonstrates ability to adjust medical techniques to accommodate the needs of the specialized population of the jail setting. This includes communication between medical staff and jail staff about the care of the inmate while understanding and adjusting for the unique security issues of the jail.
- Required Education/License/Certifications
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Valid Minnesota Registered Nurse license
- Basic Life Support (CPR) Certified
- Preference;2 year of nursing experience in same or similar setting (i.e. county jail, prison, juvenile correctional facility, hospital, home care, urgent care, ER, etc.)
- Salary, Benefits and Other
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent opportunity for professional growth
Please send your resume and references to:
MEnD Correctional Care
Attn: Melanie Handshoe
67 – 10th Avenue South
Waite Park, MN 56387