Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are seeking an enthusiastic Mental Health Professional to be a key team member in our organization. Candidates must enjoy working with an underserved population and must be willing to work in a jail setting. The mental health professional will provide care under the direction and supervision of the mental health services director and company CEO/President.
Part-time up to Full-time position
- Very Competitive Pay and Benefits Package
- Continuing Education Stipend
- Work with multidisciplinary team
- Career Development Opportunities
- Delivers mental health care of county jail inmates utilizing MEnD Correctional Care’s mental health policies, procedures, and protocols. These processes include assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of inmate’s mental health issues.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with MEnD Correctional Care team members. These members include medical providers, nurses, health techs, administrative assistants. The Mental Health Professional is also responsible for communicating between the medical unit and correctional staff.
- Accountable for mental health documentation, tracking, evaluation, non-prescribing orders, and follow-up of the inmates’ mental health care.
- Be able to recommend treatment options to the medical provider when necessary.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks, assisting with expansion of the MEnD jail health philosophy, and going “above and beyond” typical job duties.
- Other various duties as assigned by MEnD Correctional Care within the scope of the position. This may include travel to various trade shows, conferences, and other jails managed by MEnD, etc.
- Able to provide independent, critical thinking skills regarding an inmate’s mental health in the jail setting.
- Understand and possess pharmacology, safety, and mental health skills necessary to perform the Mental Health Professional role.
- Must be able to deal effectively with difficult patients at times.
- Ability to learn the security features needed to work safely in this setting which includes secured doors and radio communications.
- Demonstrate the ability to adjust mental health techniques to accommodate the needs of the specialized population of the jail setting. This includes communication between mental health staff, medical staff, and jail staff about the care of the inmate while understanding and adjusting for these unique security issues.
- Ability and willingness to apply motivational interviewing skills, cognitive behavioral therapy, and reality therapy.
- Demonstrates ability to diagnosis and treat symptoms that are current and present and not based solely on patient report.
- Be familiar and comfortable with identifying malingering behaviors and symptoms.
- Assertive and confident decision making given this demanding population.
- Required Education/License/Certifications
- Master’s in Clinical or Psychiatric Social Work plus 2 years of post-master’s supervised clinical experience.
- Valid Minnesota Social Work license (LICSW) or Licensed Mental Health Professional
- Prefer 2-5 years of mental health experience in same or similar setting (i.e. county jail, prison, juvenile correctional facility, hospital, home care, urgent care, ER, etc.)
Please send your resume and references to:
MEnD Correctional Care
Attn: Melanie Handshoe
67 – 10th Avenue South
Waite Park, MN 56387