Application Dates: Open Until Filled
We are seeking an enthusiastic health tech in the St. Cloud area to be a key team member in our organization. Candidates must enjoy working with an underserved population and must be willing to work in a jail setting. The health tech will provide care under the direction and supervision of the nurse and MD.
Part or Full time position. This position include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Stearns County Jail
- Provides care under the direction of the medical staff. These cares may include vitals, simple dressing/treatments, reporting information to nurse on-call, assisting with sick call of the inmates.
- Assists with the operation of equipment, preventative maintenance, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment/techniques.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests by staff, inmates, and outside sources.
- Assists with supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Completes assigned tasks given by medical staff as well as tasks in line with the duties of the position.
- Responsible for the assistance of self-administration of medications to inmates within the jail facility.
- Responsible for the maintenance and stocking of the items in the medication cart and other areas associated with the self-administration of medications to the inmate population.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publication, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks, being a member of the MEnD team, assisting with expansion of the MEnD jail health philosophy, and going “above and beyond” typical job duties.
- Other various duties as assigned by MEnD Correctional Care within the scope of the position. This may include travel to various trade shows, conferences, and other jails managed by MEnD, etc.
- Nursing Assistant or similar class completion.
- Experience in a similar or related field. This includes other medical settings and/or correctional care.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction in an environment with locked doors, inmate populations, security on multiple levels, and ability to document with precision all duties preformed.
- Organization, professionalism, problem-solving, supply management, Inventory control, verbal communication, and team work are a must in this position.
- Basic Life Support (CPR) Certified (preferred).
Salary, Benefits and Other
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for growth
- CPR certification renewal
3 Professional References
Please send your resume and references to:
MEnD Correctional Care
Attn: Melanie Handshoe
67 – 10th Avenue South
Waite Park, MN 56387